August 8th, 2015. Enjoyed a virtual tour of 10 patches and ended with a BBQ and patch tour of the Cooper's patch. Hope to see you there in 2016.
Revisit Past Events
Newsletters come out March 4th, Early June, Early September, and Early December
Upcoming Board Meetings May 6th, August 5th, and November 4th
Spring Seminar. March 12th Old Mill Feed/Andy Hendersen
2017 Patch Tour is August 5th at Charity Marshall's Patch
GPC Seminar. Niagara Falls, March 17-19th
October 7th Bauman Farms Weigh-off
October 9th Halfmoon Bay California Weigh-off
October 21 The Terminator Weigh-ff and The West Coast Giant Pumpkin Regatta in Tualatin
October 18th, 2014. Our annual Weighoff and Pumpkin Boat Race. Need we say more?
Upcoming Events quick glance...
Quarterly Board Meeting
We will be holding our quarterly board / membership meeting May 6th, 9 am at the Van Raden Center in Tualatin Community Park (8509 SW Tualatin Road) It is the red building just past the tennis courts and very close to the Pohl Center where we met last time. We have lots of topics on the agenda. Your input and involvement in the process will help ensure that we keep moving in the right direction. Please consider attending.
The meeting will start at 9am sharp so plan on arriving at 8:45am.
Also, we are always looking for those who would like to contribute to the clubs newsletter. Two of my favorite columns are the "Growers profile" and the "Why do I do this". Growing a large pumpkin is not necessary to participate. This is a great way for members to get to know you or hear another story about why we do what we do in the garden. Please email if you would consider being a part of one of these features or you have an idea for an article you would like to contribute.
PGVG Board and membership meeting May 6th at 9am
Location: Van Raden Center Tualatin Community Park 8509 SW Tualatin Road
May 6th Agenda
Call to order:
Approval of agenda: (Review, correct, delete or add)
* Secretary's Report (Approval of previous meetings minutes) / Neal Leland.
* Treasurers Report / Lori Sherwood.
* Seed Committee Report / Steve Daletas
* PGVG Web site / Brett Cooper
* Club Newsletter Report / Sandy Wheeler
* Outreach Committee Report / Jef Treece
OLD BUSINESS ( Anything brought up at previous meeting that requires an update)
* Recognize winners of the clubs two promotions ( AG and FP ) from 2016
* Review PGVG 2017 Spring seminar. What worked, what we might want to change for future seminars.
* GPC site registration for 2017 fee is due
* Patch Tour / Charity Marshall
* Solicit newsletter Articles / Sandy Wheeler /All in attendance
* GPC seminar in 2018. /. Jim Sherwood
* PGVG Spring Seminar 2018. Discussion and vote wether to hold club seminar in 2018 with GPC seminar in our back yard.
* Bylaw review
* Newsletter brainstorm at each board meeting
Hope to see you all in a few days
Copyright © Pacific Giant Vegetable Growers